History of "Sarn"
1916 - Initial sub-division of 112 acres
1922 - Sonning built by Edna Walling
1933 - Sub-division of land adjoining Sonning and the creation of Bickleigh Vale Village
1953 - Sub-division of Sonning creates a separate allotment from the eastern portion surrounding The Cabin (later to become Sarn)
1954 - Property transferred from Edna Walling to Aldyth Grace Russell and extension of Bickleigh Vale Road created
1978 - Bickleigh Vale Village classified by National Trust Landscape Committee
20th December 1979 - Sub-division of Sarn to create a separate allotment from the eastern portion (to become Abbotsley.)